Wednesday, August 5, 2015

What about Prayer?

As I look at the news and read many articles, I find myself often in an odd state. I'm saddened by the direction of this once-great country. I can trace ancestry arriving to the colonies in the 1600s. I know many can go back further. My family has been here a while.

The country is quickly going down the tubes, and what is being done about it? Nothing. Anyone who tries to prevent it seems to get shut down. Planned Parenthood is selling baby parts, and the attempt to defund them has been blocked? Seriously? And those who ally with them are saying that all this is is political attacks. Um...what? Seriously?

So, then, what can we do? Well, we can get out there and vocally be against the direction of the country. We can write letters and emails to try and show powers that be that we have a voice. Or we can do something far more powerful--pray.

Why is it that the "Christian" seems to usually go to prayer as a last resort? And why is it when you ask someone who confesses to be a Christian to pray about something, they act put out? One reason this country is going downhill fast is because it is full of "Christians" who just "want to feel good" about themselves. Those who don't want to offend, but want to get along with everyone.

I would say I "hate" to break it to you, but...I don't hate it. The Bible is offensive. To those living in the dark, the Bible is offensive. Even to those trying to walk in the Light, it's still offensive. We are called to live a different life. We are called to a life that will bring attention to us. Jesus offended everywhere He went. He was so offensive, they killed Him for it. But...as we know...He didn't stay dead. Which is Life for us!
James 5:20
"remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins."

Back to prayer. Prayer should ALWAYS be our first course of action!!

James 5:16
"therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective."

John 14:12-14
"Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

We've heard this many times in Bible Studies, church sermons, etc. We get to ask Him anything and He will do it! But, there is a catch. He said it to His disciples in the same chapter:

John 14:23-24
Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me." 

If you do not follow His teaching, how do you expect Him to "give you whatever you want"? How can you know what His teaching is if you don't read His Word?

"Christians"! Wake up! The world is going to hell and we are doing nothing. Our eyes are drooping from being online and on our phones all day. We are too busy to do anything, or so we say. How are you too busy for prayer? Do you drive to work? Pray in the car. Do you walk to work? Pray as you're walking. Do you take public transportation? Pray in the subway/bus/taxi. There is ALWAYS time for prayer. 

There is nothing that you could be working on that is more important than talking to the Creator of the Universe. Nothing. (while on that, go to icr.org if you don't believe the SCIENCE of God creating the Universe)

I'm covering a multitude of areas. I'm sorry if I'm a bit scatter-brained. Please pray for this country. Pray for a revival. Pray for God's hand in our country. Pray for God to reveal Himself to us. Pray for God to take control of the country. Pray like you've never prayed about anything. We are going down fast. But there is nowhere that is too far for God to reach. darkness is having a blast. I think it's time to shut them up and remind them Who is in charge. And remind them of their eternal destination.

If you love God, you will follow His commands. You are empowered by the Holy Spirit if you have given your life to Christ. There is no force on, above, or below this earth that could ever be more powerful. If I die doing the work of the Lord, it's not a loss. God is amazing. Find Him. Pray with Him. Pray for His anointing. Pray for His power to be revealed to this country. Pray for revival. 

2 Corinthians 13:14
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment