Friday, March 27, 2015

Heart Broken

It's so easy to focus on all the molehills around us and consider them mountains. To see the trials and troubles that we face and consider them to be more than they are. To us, they may be huge, until we look into what is going on around us on a larger scale.

Recently, not too far from where we live, a boy was reported missing. There was a massive search for this toddler. Apparently,  he had been known to wander on his own. The step-mother even claimed to have stuff stolen from her house to make it seem that someone broke in and took him.

His body was found in the laundry room. In a trash bag. Under clothing. His body showed bruising and even damage to his liver and kidney. Reading through the report on all that happened to this little boy, it breaks my heart. It broke my heart. There had been previous accounts of child neglect and abuse in this case. They were filed and documented, but nothing happened. This little boy was abused and nothing happened. That nothing led to his death. He was killed because no one did anything, even when the abuse was reported and documented as abuse. A little boy. Younger than my own two boys.

There is evil in this world and it is evident. This isn't the only little boy that is being beaten by people who are supposed to protect him. There are little girls and boys being beaten by people who are supposed to protect them. There are little girls and boys having people do horrid things.

Sometimes I get so overwhelmed by what's going on in the world. It's like, I wish I could save all the innocence from what is happening.

Father, I pray for those who are struggling. I pray for the children. I pray you will go to them and give them comfort and peace. I pray for those who are already with you. I pray that they are comforted and loved. I know they are. I thank you for this earth. I thank you for my time on it. Please use me to help others. I pray your will is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment